Archaeology Museum

Istanbul Archeology Museum is the principal foundation in Istanbul and Turkey outlined as an exhibition hall. It is likewise set apart as one of the ten most critical world-class exhibition halls outlined and utilized as a devoted gallery building.

So as to comprehend this interesting society, it is exceedingly prescribed to make a trip in the halls of the Archeology Museum and follow the remaining parts of antiquated civilisations from Archaic Era to the Roman Era and Byzantine Empire to the Ottoman Empire.

Istanbul Archeology Museum comprises of two separate structures.


Its building was started in 1881 by Osman Hamdi Bey and afterward with the increments in 1902 and 1908 it was finished. It was worked by Alexander Vallaury. The outside area of the structure was finished by moving from the Iskender Tomb and Crying Women tombs mirroring an excellent case of neoclassical developments in Istanbul.

On the upper floor of the two storeyed building It is discovered pots, little stone works and container, little earthenware statues, the Treasure Department and roughly 800.000 Ottoman coins, seals, improvements, awards and Non-Muslim and Muslim Coin Cabinets, in which coin molds were kept, and a Library including around 70.000 books.

On the base floor parts of the structure, well known tombs are displayed, for example, Crying Women Tomb, Iskender Tomb, Satrap Tomb, Lykia Tomb, Tabnit Tomb situated in the Sayda lord memorial park.

On the base floor, with the exception of the shows of tombs, there is old period statuary showed in a place discovered statues and relics from essential prank urban areas and districts. In this show, the improvement of the craft of statuary to the Byzantium Period from the Archaic Period is appeared in sequential request with extraordinary specimens.


Joined toward the southeast of the principle assembling, the extra building comprises of six pads. Stockpiles under the ground floor are occurred in the two pads.

The four pads of the building are composed as presentation corridors. On the fundamental floor of the development there is an engraving “Istanbul for Ages”, “Anatolia and Troia for Ages” on the second floor and “Encompassing Cultures of Anatolia: Cyprus, Syria-Palestine” on the top floor. There is Infant Museum and structural works appear on the main floor of the extra building. The Thrakia-Bithynia and Byzantium show the corridor, which was opened in August 1998, can be gone by on the floor with the name of “Encompassing Cultures of Istanbul”.

The historical center has gotten the European Council Museum Award in 1991, which is its 100. Foundation Anniversary, with the new plan made in the lower floor lobbies and the Additional Building showcase.


Worked by Osman Hamdi Bey in 1883 as Sanayi-i Nefise (Fine Arts School), the building, which was managed as a gallery with the works made between 1917-1919 and 1932-1935. The building, which was shut for visits in 1963, was revived again in 1974 with another show by changing the internal parts.

On the upper floor of the two-story building, Anatolian, Mesopotamian, Egyptian and Arabic gems are shown. Statue of Naramsin, the lord of Akad, the Kadeş Agreement and Zincirli statue are the special centerpieces in the gallery.

In addition, in this exhibition hall there is a “Tablet Archive” incorporating 75.000 records with cuneiform compositions.


Worked by the request of Fatih Sultan Mehmet in 1472 , the booth is one of the most seasoned structures of Ottoman design style in Istanbul. It has been utilized as Müze-i Hümayun (Empire Museum) in the middle of 1875-1891. It was opened to open in 1953 with the name of Fatih Museum where Turkish and Islamic masterpieces were appeared and it was moved to Istanbul Archeology Museums because of its settlement.

The passageway part of the stand is single-level and the back part is of two-flatted. There is a marble patio with 14 segments in the passageway. The passage yard is ornamented with mosaic finishes. Different porcelains and earthenware production having a place with the Seljuk and Ottoman period are displayed in the Kiosk that makes out of 6 rooms and a center corridor. Roughly 2000 masterpieces are found in the historical center and its stores.

No Comments

Post a Comment

Enter Captcha Here : *

Reload Image

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons